Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Precious gifts...

"Hear me, O coastlands, listen, O distant peoples. The Lord called me from birth, from my mother's womb he gave me my name." Isaiah 49:1
How amazing that the Lord knew me and loved me before I WAS me!! Oh how He cares for us...

Today is my birthday. I feel surrounded by love. My husband. My family. My friends. My GOD!!

I will admit that I was feeling a bit "fragile" earlier. It started last night at bedtime.

And then I remembered something our Pastor said recently. If Satan can't have your soul, heart or mind, he will come after your joy. And I had obviously surrendered mine. I recalled the words to a song from the early 80's (you know me and music!!) "Jesus Never Fails" and the chorus goes like this:
Jesus never fails, Jesus never fails.
You might as well get thee behind me Satan, you cannot prevail...
because Jesus NEVER fails!!!
I feel sooooo much better!! AMEN!!
"Be subject therefore to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
James 4:7
I received the most beautiful birthday bouquet from my Sweet Hubby this morning...he tiptoed out at dawn and culled from our yard. FTD could not have put together a more lovely gift for me! Thank you honey, I love you so much! And a handwritten card too ~ doesn't it just melt you? I know...me too! Have a blessed day, I know I will!


4 comments:

cpower said...

Hey there, Happy Birthday!! I agree ... what a great bouquet of flowers!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful day together. Cindy

Unknown said...

G......So glad that we got to chat this morning and have been looking forward to reading your blog for today. The bouquet from Steve is beautiful, and although the flowers will fade, there is no doubt that the love you share will be forever. You have a very special relationship and I know that you both cherish each other. Happy birthday to you my special friend. All my love. J

La Bella Cooks said...

That is possibly the sweetest gift ever! I always love those handwritten cards, don't you? I can imagine setting your eyes on the bright bouquet lifted your spirits as well...I know it would for mine.. Best wishes for a Happy Birthday.

p.s. I'm glad to see you are keeping up with your blog!

shopperv said...

That is so sweet...what a blessing to have such a thoughtful hubby. Happy Birthday to you my dear friend!!