Saturday, July 5, 2008

Now I lay me down to sleep...

I was nearing the end of my Bible reading this morning...when I read the most comforting sentence in one of David's Psalms:
I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. Psalm 3:5
Now I realize that David wrote this at a time he was fleeing from his son, Absalom. But I like to think that it is just as relevant today, for all of us, as it was for David the day he thought the words.

And I kept going back to read that sentence over and over again. It made me feel as if I were a little girl again...just knowing that my Mom and Dad were there to protect me and keep me from any harm through the night. I never even gave it a thought...

So it is with our Heavenly Father. He's always there, ever watchful. And most times, I never even give it a thought. This morning, He gave me a reminder!

No comments: