Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh we are seeking His face...

First off, I would just like to say "thank you" for the outpouring of support and prayer we have received...we are beyond words and so grateful to you all. We received no call with biopsy results yesterday, so I imagine today will be the day...I have already placed a "reminder" call to the doctor's office. Knowledge is power.

Last night, my Sweet Hubby and I were reading Dr. Vernon McGee's commentary on the Scripture we had read yesterday. I am so grateful to my friend, V, for recommending Dr. McGee's Thru the Bible series ~ it has been such a powerful tool in my daily walk!

So last night as I was reading, one verse jumped out at me. Literally JUMPED!
"Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually. "
1 Chronicles 16:10-11
Dr. McGee's study goes on to say:
"James 4:8 tells us, 'Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you...' However that doesn't insure fellowship with God. We have to follow through with 'Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.' Do you seek His face continually? What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning? When you go to bed at night, what is the last thing you think about? Do you think about God all during the day? Or do you just leave God behind when you go to work or go to school or go to a social gathering?"
It is so amazing to be in some form of praise and worship at all times...whether in His Word, in study, in song, in prayer...

Even when I wake up, there is some form of praise on my mind. Usually a song lyric, but oftentimes a Scripture verse. How comforting that even before I have conscious thought, I am praising my God...seeking His face!!! I LOVE THAT!!

James had it so right...when we draw close to God, even a little bit, He moves in and gives us the biggest bear hug. And I really need one right now. Thank you Lord!

No comments: