Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I love El Qanna"

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my Sweet Hubby and I are participating in The Truth Project at our church every Wednesday night. What a blessing it has been! During the week he was hospitalized, we missed a session and it was all we could talk about that day...

This past Wednesday, I asked our Associate Pastor in charge of adult education who is facilitating this project if there was any way we could make up the session we missed. He was so gracious and accommodating - willing to do whatever he could...Praise God!! So last night, my Sweet Hubby and I got a private screening in our church's conference room. Oh - what a blessing it was!! We are so grateful that we got to see it! Here's a little tidbit:



Needless to say, we came away from last night with a new understanding of what the Lord meant (and means!) when He refers to Himself as a "jealous God!"
"for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." Exodus 34:14
Rarely in Scripture does God tell us who He is by name...In the above verse He tells us His name is Jealous - El Qanna!

In last night's lesson, Dr. Tackett taught that,
"The jealousy of the flesh says “you have something I want and I hate you for it.” The jealousy of El Qanna is a zeal that arises when sin threatens a covenant relationship. El Qanna arose in God to the extent of the sacrifice of His only Son."
To draw ever nearer to my Lord and Saviour...that is my goal. To continually thank Him for the most precious gift of His Son, Jesus. To demonstrate gratitude for the Grace that I receive on a daily basis. Oh...I'm with Dr. Tackett!!! I love El Qanna!!

No comments: