Thursday, July 31, 2008

Comforting words from Paul

I look forward to my quiet time with the Lord every morning. I sit in our bright and sunny living room in a comfy, down-filled chair with a delicious cup of coffee and begin studying God's Word. I am always inspired, encouraged, and thoughtful by the end of the day's lesson. I then read through Dr. McGee's commentary to help "fill in the cracks" and cement my understanding. Afterward, I turn to our Heavenly Father in prayer and thanksgiving. Lately, it's been more about thanksgiving than anything. I have found that there is nothing like a crisis to help one focus on what's good and positive in one's life...and I have much to be thankful for!

Today, part of my reading was in the Book of Romans...Paul's letters to the believers of that great city. In chapter 14 I came across these words:
"For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose--to be Lord both of the living and of the dead."
Romans 14:7-9
Isn't it wonderful as Christians to know that we belong to Him? That regardless of our physical being, we are His? What a sense of peace and fulfillment accompany our lives when we live in accordance to His purpose for us!!
"For the Scriptures say, 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.'" Romans 14: 11
I wish you all a Blessed day!

No comments: