Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Join us?

I have such a heavy burden on my heart for the state of our Nation...

Everywhere I look - newspapers, magazines, TV - all I see speaks to the fact that we are a country in great turmoil. The upcoming elections have added gasoline to the fire, so to speak. I have seen friends turn on friends because their political views differ. I can't help but wonder if our citizens will be able to mend and heal when all is said and done. Because no matter which way the vote falls, there will be a lot of disappointed people when it's over. And words, once spoken, can't be taken back...

The other day, my Sweet Hubby and I were watching the program LIFE Today with James and Betty Robison. (I especially look forward to the Wednesday program because Beth Moore has a segment!) James spoke about a new book he has written and it really got my attention! Here it is:

The Soul of a Nation 30 Days, 30 Issues, 30 Prayers

I picked it up yesterday at Barnes and Noble and my Sweet Hubby and I included it in our prayer time this morning. What a great book!!

This morning I found this website as well:

The Soul of a Nation

We know the Lord hears and answers the prayers of His faithful. With God's help, we can impact our country's future for the good and get this downward spiral turned around. I know many of you share this burden with me, with us...so won't you join us as we spend the next 30 days in focused prayer for our Nation?

We'd love your company!

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3-4

2 comments:

Pastor John said...

I'll help pray for our nation. I was anyway but not FOCUSED prayers.

Gigi said...

Looking forward to joining with you in prayer Pastor John!!