Monday, August 4, 2008

In Christ Alone

I mentioned in an earlier post that while my Sweet Hubby was in the hospital, certain song lyrics kept playing over and over in my head..."on Christ the solid Rock I stand..."

So did I feel especially cherished by the Lord when those very lyrics were a part of my weekend? Absolutely YES!! I wanted to fall to my knees in worship and thanksgiving for His goodness! Such a small detail, but doesn't that make you see what a BIG God we serve - that He attends to the minutiae of our lives as easily and fully as He attends to the catastrophic?

I'm sharing the song with you today, as my Music Monday selection. Travis Cottrell leads the praise team for Beth Moore and his voice is so powerful. I hope you fall in love with this song and that it brings you as much hope and comfort as it always brings me!




In Christ Alone ~ Travis Cottrell

In closing, I'd like to share part of my Scripture reading from this morning...
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Did you notice that "hope" is mentioned twice in that one verse? I did! I pray that today and always you overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit! Be blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G.... I LOVE your choice of song for today. I could listen to it over and over. It is comforting, hopeful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it!
Love, J

Gigi said...

J ~ I'm SO glad you love the song! I never get tired of praising Him with music and it's such a powerful song to me...