Monday, May 24, 2010

I know this is what he'd say

This past weekend, I was privileged to attend the Extraordinary Women conference in a city near me. But more about that later! I only mention it to say that Mandisa was one of the featured artists for the weekend.

Now, I love Mandisa! Her voice, her spirit, her conviction...she is a powerful woman of God! If you're an American Idol fan, you'll remember she was a contestant the same year as Elliott Yamin. My Sweet Hubby and I were (as you know!) huge Elliott fans...but I have to confess that I did give up a few votes to Mandisa (sorry Elliott)! That voice is awesome on television, but I'm gonna tell you - having seen her in person multiple times now - live, her voice will blow your socks clean off! Yep. :)

So Saturday, as our conference was coming to an end, she sang this song. All I can say is that I'm glad the arena was dark and that I had packed Kleenex. Both were necessary! But even through my tears, I knew the truth of the words. And the truth is this: as much as I miss my Sweet Hubby (and I do...oh, how I do), he does not miss me. I am living in this imperfect world with pain, sorrow and the cares of this life. He is in Paradise with Jesus!!! There is nothing imperfect in his world - no pain, no sorrow, no cancer. There is only our Father and the voices of the saints who worship Him! Holy, holy, holy!! THAT is what we have to look forward to - perfection!

I heard you through Mandisa's words, sweetheart...I really, really did.


*Please scroll down and pause my player before watching*





He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.
Revelation 21:4 NLT

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, sweet friend, I cried just watching the video and I haven't even lost anyone! What a beautiful, glorious song and thought - we would not want him to have to return to this world after where he's been! I am so thankful you got to go and that you got to hear Mandisa sing this glorious song. I thought of you and Sweet Hubby on your cruises when they kept showing that one picture in the video.

We thought Mandisa was going to be at our WOF last year, but she wasn't and we were so disappointed. I hope she is this year. She looks absolutely beautiful in her album photos. What a blessing that AI was the launching pad for her to do her music to glorify the Lord.

Have a wonderful week! It's always hard to come back down from the mountain top of such an experience.

Gigi said...

Thank you Dawn...this weekend was truly a gift. I told my son yesterday that I feel like my mind is that scene from the movie "Twister" where you see trees, roofs and cows whirling in the wind! Everything I heard, saw and spiritually experienced is still just spinning around in my brain. But I know it will all eventually settle and I will be able to share in a coherent fashion! And share I will...all to His glory!!

By the way - did you know Mandisa used to be with Beth Moore (pre AI)?

Dawn said...

I did learn that just recently. I loved her in AI as well.

I think I told you on FB that I call it "inspiration overload!"

Jess said...

I'm with Dawn..I KNOW this touched you!

I really hope things are going well for you and that life is treating you okay.

Let me know when you decide to come to Arkansas..

Hugs
Love, jess

Putz said...

hey when you go to arkansas to see jess, please drop by and pick me up tooooooooo