Monday, May 10, 2010

Fast and pray

*Please scroll down and pause my player before watching video*





***************
********************
***************
***********
*******
***
*


I am going to be taking some time away...away from the computer, that is. I find lately that I'm giving less of myself to Him and more time and energy to "things." So it's time to shift the focus and redirect my gaze to the One truly worthy of my thoughts, my dedication, my attention and my praise. Call it a "fast" if you will...only instead of just abstaining from certain foods or drinks, I will be fasting from some earthly distractions as well. Hopefully, upon my return, I will be in control of them rather than the other way around!

Here's a little bit of what'll be going on while I'm away...


~for my soul

*
~for my body

*
~for my heart


Know that you'll be in my heartfelt prayers while I'm absent! Miss me just a little bit, okay?!

*
***
*
So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes. Daniel 9:3 NIV

7 comments:

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Gigi, Happy (belated:) Mother's Day to you too!:) I think what you are doing is good. I had to decide also to not spend too much time blogging. Another interesting book on eating healthy is Maker's Diet. I do some of the stuff he reccomends but not all. I did lose weight, and the other studies look great too! I want to do "A Heart Like His" also, I haven't done that study yet:)

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee

Jody said...

Will miss you, but definitely understand! Praying for you during this 'fast' that God will direct your heart and mind to his purpose for you.
"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son..." Romans 8:29
Praying for you and think of you often Gigi!

JJ said...

I am so sad that you are taking time away from your blog as I will miss your inspiration; however, happy to see you are taking the time for yourself! And, so happy that we still get to spend time together Wednesday at the tea room!

nancygrayce said...

What a great fast! You be in my thoughts and prayers!

Dawn said...

I will definitely miss you, but know you'll be praying for the things you have said you would. Good listening to the Lord and doing what he says - I see others are doing the same.

Dawn said...

Missing you already! When you get back on the computer, come over and read about our amazing week-end with the Cambodian friends.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Song, Gigi. Thanks for sharing. And have a wonderful Break!