Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reflection

I'm sitting here this morning, the 14 month anniversary of my Sweet Hubby's Homegoing, reliving some memories. Most happy. Some very sad. It's still all so fresh that unfortunately those memories of cancer and all that came with it are frequent visitors. In time, I expect that they'll fade into the background and all the other, healthy, happy years will once again (and rightly so) resume their place in the forefront. I look forward to that time...Even still, I'd do it all again - every bit of it. My life with him was so good, so worth every moment of this overwhelming sadness. I was so blessed...

I also reread some of my older blog posts to see where I "was" a year or so ago...and I found the most amazing thing!

All of you have been with me this entire time. So I just wanted to say "thank you." From the bottom of my worn out, grieving, faith-filled, God-loving heart. Thank you.

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:1-3 NIV

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came to your blog, and read the sidebar. I don't think I've ever read it before. I'm so sorry about your husband. My family lost my father-in-law to pancreatic cancer just last month. It is truly a terrible diagnosis, but God IS good, and used it to bring my father in law to Himself.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Life is all about balance, and much as we may dislike it, grief and loss are just as much a part of life as joy and fullness.

Day by day is how God's Word tells us we must live. If on any particular day the good outweighs the bad, we are truly blessed.

I love you and treasure our friendship, my friend. I'm thinking of you as I enjoy my beloved Earl Grey tea. :o)

Much love,

Diane

Putz said...

YOU ARE ALWAYS FILLED WITH NEW SONGS, AND THERE MUST BE A REASON FOR ME BLOGGING TO YOU BECAUSE, just because, AND YOU HAVE HELPPED ME WITH YOUR SONGS, always