Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday

Introducing something new I'd like to do every Wednesday here at ItTR...

~~Wisdom Wednesday~~

May you delight in reading these Proverbs as I do...may they bless you as they do me!


"Common sense and success belong to me. Insight and strength are mine. Because of me, kings reign, and rulers make just decrees. Rulers lead with my help, and nobles make righteous judgments. I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. I have riches and honor, as well as enduring wealth and justice. My gifts are better than gold, even the purest gold, my wages better than sterling silver! I walk in righteousness, in paths of justice. Those who love me inherit wealth. I will fill their treasuries. The lord formed me from the beginning, before he created anything else. I was appointed in ages past, at the very first, before the earth began. I was born before the oceans were created, before the springs bubbled forth their waters. Before the mountains were formed, before the hills, I was born--before he had made the earth and fields and the first handfuls of soil. I (Wisdom) was there when he established the heavens, when he drew the horizon on the oceans. I was there when he set the clouds above, when he established springs deep in the earth. I was there when he set the limits on the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth's foundations, I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence. And how happy I was with the world he created; how I rejoiced with the human family! And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful."

Proverbs 8:14-32

5 comments:

nitewrit said...

Gigi,

Yes, maybe I should get back to reading a chapter of Proverbs each morning as I use to. They are designed for that.

Larry

Jody said...

Love Proverbs, recently did a women's Bible study in this book, full of wisdom, for the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Prov. 1:7

Greg said...

Hi, Gigi! This is a subject near and dear to my heart, since Proverbs 9:10 was the inspiration for the name of my original blog and my new software business: Wisdom's Beginning. :) I still have a LOOOONG way to go! :)

nancygrayce said...

I love Proverbs! I told my sons to always read them for good direction in life!

Dawn said...

Proverbs is such a great book!