Thursday, August 21, 2008

Encourage one another!

Today's blood transfusions went off without a hitch, praise God! I have to say - it was a much more efficient process having it done in the Medical Procedures Unit versus a 23 hour short stay admission! Kind of like the difference between flying first class and coach! For quite a while, my Sweet Hubby was the only patient in the unit and it was ALL about him! We arrived at 8 and were out by 2. Sweet!!! Much less fatiguing than the 12 hours we spent in the hospital last week to accomplish the very same thing!

Bonus: in the 6 hours we were there, my Sweet Hubby ate scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links, turkey, cornbread stuffing, green beans, a dinner roll and a few bites of apple pie! Plus, he had had a big bowl of oatmeal before we left the house this morning! Thank you Lord!

I know our prayer warriors are hard at work...and as you can see, it's bearing fruit! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today's Bible study found me entering the Book of Job. Ahhhh - poor, poor Job...I'm sure everyone's heard the saying, "the patience of Job." Patience indeed. The trials Job endured are beyond belief. All at the hand of our enemy, Satan, who thought that by causing hardship to fall upon Job, he could make Job curse the Lord. But he was so wrong! Trial upon trial are recorded, including the deaths of all 10 of his children simultaneously when the house they were in collapsed...
'Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said, "I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!" In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.' Job 1:20-22
Yes. We WILL go through periods of hardship. Some will be very great and rock us to our core. It is precisely at those times that we need to have not only the patience of Job, but the faith of Job as well. Just keep our focus on Jesus...

Beth Moore said it perfectly in my devotional for today:
"Please bring strong believers into my life so that we may be mutually encouraged by one another's faith."
"that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine." Romans 1:12
Be blessed ~ you're in my prayers...

1 comment:

NewJerseyJesus said...

Gigi,

Just know that you and Sweet Hubby are in prayers lifted up to our God!