Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Be still, and know that I am God

Have you ever really thought about that Scripture verse? Take a moment...
"Be still, and know that I am God;"
I love that verse. It contains such authority, such command, such...power! It makes me want to go to my knees in prayer and adoration. It makes me want to find a very quiet place and spend time in worship of my King. It makes me look all around me and see the beauty of His creation! It makes me feel safe...because He is GOD and I rest in the hollow of His mighty arm. Oh, I love that verse!

The entire verse reads as such:
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
I hope that you'll have some time today to think about what that verse means to you! Be blessed!

2 comments:

Tamela's Place said...

Thank you for your recent comment. I wanted to swing by and take a look at another sister in Christ blog.

Be still and know that i am God! I don't know how many times i have been reminded of that scripture. With life and all of it's concerns i have had to just stop! and be still and allow God to take the wheel... To many times i can get in His way.. But if i yield and be still and give it to Him He has never failed me... He is faithful!!! God bless you!

NewJerseyJesus said...

Hey, thanks for your comments! I am taking time out right now to "Be Still." Thanks for this wonderful post and reminder....