Friday, July 25, 2008

Ya gotta have faith...

Faith. It's something I think about a lot these days. Do I have enough? Too little? I pray about my faith daily. I ask the Holy Spirit to "shore me up" - strengthen and encourage me. I am never disappointed. Ever.

Today, my Bible reading was all about faith, really...It was God's own lesson plan for Gigi! I love that!! 2 Chronicles 16:1-9 tells us the story of King Asa, who for all intents and purposes was a very good King, a God-fearing, God-obeying King. And the land under him had been peaceful and prosperous, blessed by the Lord. But somewhere toward the end of his reign (the 36th year of his 41 years on the throne) he chose to rely on man rather than God. And it did not go well.
At that time Hanani the seer came to King Asa and told him, "Because you have put your trust in the king of Aram instead of in the Lord your God, you missed your chance to destroy the army of the king of Aram. Don't you remember what happened to the Ethiopians and Libyans and their vast army, with all of their chariots and charioteers? At that time you relied on the Lord, and he handed them over to you. The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. What a fool you have been! From now on you will be at war." 2 Chronicles 16:7-9
We see there is a price to be paid when we lose our faith in the Lord. Yet scripture reminds us BOLDLY that the very eyes of God are searching for the faithful in order to strengthen them. I find great comfort there, I hope you do as well. I know that the Lord uses many things to strengthen us. His Word empowers me every day. By His loving grace He has used others to lift me up and encourage me on a DAILY basis.

Just this morning I read an email from someone I have never met...and if I told you the circumstances of how we became "acquainted" I can assure you, you would find it a hard tale to believe. But even at the time, I remember saying "everything happens for a reason." So as far back as a couple of years ago, God already had this plan for me. He had people in place that He knew would be a source of strength and fellowship for me...people who would be powerful prayer warriors for my Sweet Hubby. How can you NOT be in awe of a sovereign savior that covers you so completely? How can you NOT just fall to your knees in gratitude? How can you NOT have faith in God Almighty?

I was so blessed yesterday. The Lord put person after person in my path that lifted me up and gave me "hugs" from above. I sit here this morning and marvel at it all...The blessings literally rained out yesterday. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!! Amen, amen and amen!

Remember what Jesus Himself said about faith...
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20
Since I didn't have a "Music Monday" post this week, I thought I'd close with one of my favorite songs. It's all about faith!



One Touch ~ Nicole C. Mullen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G..... Your blog today, was as always, inspiring and leaves me weeping, Faith is such a small word, with a very complex meaning. It is hard for some to wrap their minds around something they cannot see or touch, you have to feel it in your heart. God is with us always, through good times and not so good and although we cannot physically "see" Him with our human eyes we can feel Him and hear Him speak, sometimes in obvious ways, and sometimes less obvious. (There are so many "wow" moments if you just open yourself up to them). Our God puts people into our path (our angels) when we need them most (some are with us for a short time, others for a lifetime). Our God is a compassionate God and I believe He weeps with us when our life on this earth becomes difficult, but he does not forsake us. He is with us always and carries us through our most difficult journeys. You and I have shared our lives for many, many years, and if it were not for God, we would never have met. I cannot imagine what my life would have been like without you in it, For those who do not believe that God is always involved in our life's journey, I have such sympathy and pray that they will also see His love touch their lives so that they too will come to understand faith. I can't imagine a life without it. Thank you for sharing your journey in this forum, so that those you touch will also feel the hand of Our Lord working in their own lives. Love you, J

Gigi said...

J ~ you and I will celebrate the 25th anniversary of our friendship in September! And yes, it was "because" of God that we met - our church's small group Bible study! We have seen each other through many celebrations and some storms as well and I am so thankful that you are in my life...What a gift you are to me! Love, G.