Monday, July 7, 2008

Introducing "Music Monday!"

As I was in my car early this morning, starting my day of errands, I was listening to the radio. My Sweet Hubby and I listen to K-Love radio station exclusively. For those of you unfamiliar with K-Love, they are a listener supported Christian station with affiliates nationwide and around the world. I invite you to see if there's a K-love station in your city...if not, you can also listen to them via online streaming.

As I was driving, a song by Leeland came on and a verse in the song really gave me cause to lift a hand in praise (only one - I was driving, remember?!)

"With your love you set me free...oh...
Three nails gave me liberty"

It was then that I decided to dedicate Monday's blog to music. I can't tell you how personal music is to me. I don't know that I'd be where I am with the Lord today if not for music. I truly believe that He used it greatly in my healing after the whole Catholic church debacle. Music moves me, soothes me, raises me up and brings me to worship at the foot of the Cross.

The Scriptures mention music repeatedly. The Psalms are David's hymns to the Lord...I like to think that we please God with our songs of praise and that He sits in Heaven...listening...and smiling.

"Hear, you kings! Give ear, you princes! I, even I, will sing to Yahweh. I will sing praise to Yahweh, the God of Israel. Judges 5:3

"...speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; singing, and making melody in your heart to the Lord;" Ephesians 5:19

So today and everyday, I encourage you to praise our Heavenly Father in song!

Be Blessed~



Yes You Have ~ Leeland

No comments: