Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A wonderful day and now we prepare for battle!

As I posted on Friday, the five of us (my parents, our youngest son and my Sweet Hubby and I) got together at my favorite seafood restaurant on Saturday afternoon for my "birthday" lunch. We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious - I had the mahi mahi (my absolute hands down fave!!) and it was grilled perfectly. My Mom loves the hush puppies so she was in her glory as well! I was with my favorite people in all the world so I couldn't have asked for anything more. God is good. Aww...aren't we the sweet couple?!


So Saturday late afternoon, after my folks had gone home and our youngest and his girlfriend had taken off to try and catch the new Batman movie...my Sweet Hubby and I were sitting at home thinking, "Now what do we do?" Truth be told, we've been doing a lot of that lately...there are many, many moments when we feel lost and don't know what to do with ourselves. My Sweet Hubby is very tired. So he sleeps. I putter. We pray. But Saturday, we wanted to do something. I suggested Barnes and Noble. There was a cookbook I wanted to get and I wanted to look at some other books as well. Off we went. As luck would have it, my cookbook was not in stock at the time. (Never fear, I located it the next day at a different B&N and it has now joined my collection!)

But...I did get some other books that we consider the beginning of our "artillery." So we are girding ourselves for battle. We are taking notes and my Sweet Hubby has begun a wellness and treatment binder. Our attack on this disease that has attacked him will be multi-faceted and we are prepared to be relentless. My Sweet Hubby has pledged to do his part and I have vowed to do mine. We have attacked first and foremost spiritually and we know you all join with us in agreement here. We will also incorporate medicine, diet and nutrition, the power of the mind through positive thinking and imagery, immunology and whatever else we feel will aid us in achieving a victorious outcome. We are determined.
"For you have girded me with strength for battle; you have subdued under me those who rose up against me."
2 Samuel 22:40
Meet the beginning of our artillery:




And in closing...because I know there's at least one of you reading this who's wondering just what that cookbook was...I wouldn't want to leave you hanging! So here it is:

Be Blessed!

No comments: