Friday, April 3, 2009

How about some good news for a change?

I spent the day yesterday with my parents. I am now there only several times a week versus every day. Except for this week...I haven't been much good to anyone - myself included.

So, what's the good news, you ask? My Mom is doing so much better! Now, before you get too excited, let me say that she's still bedbound. BUT...she's eating better, she's gaining strength, some of her meds have been reduced or even eliminated altogether. And she now has the attitude of "get me out of this bed and let's get our lives back." YES!!!! She is interested in living again!! Hallelujah!!

Hopefully, in a few weeks she will be able to begin intense physical and occupational therapy to regain her mobility and function. THAT will be a long haul...but it's forward progress and we're thrilled!

I just wanted to thank all of you who have kept my parents in your prayers - those prayers are so appreciated and we're starting to harvest the fruit!! To God be all the glory!

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." Mark 11:24

Better days are coming!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY!! Good news is always good!

Jody said...

They're so cute. Thank God for his healing touch.

Jess said...

God is so good!!!!