Monday, March 7, 2011

Where's the sin?

Isn't it interesting how we're all so different? We're all born with our own personalities and go on to be further shaped by our upbringing and life experiences...

If we're Christian and in active fellowship with other Christians, then we're further influenced by them as well. Hopefully, the influence is sound and of a good, kind and godly nature. But...what if it isn't?

I was in this position yesterday. Listening to someone cry out about issues within their church that they knew were not biblical...knew were far from how Christ would want the Body to act on His behalf. It's painful to listen to. I'm absolutely sure it's painful to have to wrestle with. I am praying for this couple. I know that the Lord will put them where they're supposed to be - whether they're already there and will effect change from within or be it someplace else. Can I ask that you pray for them too? Names aren't important...we know that! And besides - I'm sure there are (unfortunately) more people just like them would could use prayer about this very thing. So, maybe we should just lift them all up...

And while we pray for them...I chose this song for today's Music Monday selection. This was one of the issues raised during our conversation. It's no sin to be poor. Or homeless. Or hungry. We are all called to help. We ARE His Body.

*Please scroll down and pause player before watching video*




"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' "Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?' "And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'
Matthew 25:34-46 NLT

3 comments:

becca said...

Much love, Gigi, I needed this today.

Dawn said...

I think church problems are the saddest - we have been through much in our many years in our church. But it has made those of s who "stuck it out" much stronger, I think.

It's good to see you blogging again!

Putz said...

i have decided that offically or unofficailly you have a mission from our lord and savior and i am so pleased and i am sure he is tooooo<><><>poor jess needs a note from you also<><><>