Friday, December 18, 2009

Then and now...

This is the message that the prophet Habakkuk received in a vision.

How long, O Lord, must I call
for help?
But you do not listen!
"Violence is everywhere!" I cry,
but you do not come to save.
Must I forever see these evil deeds?
Why must I watch all this misery?
Wherever I look,
I see destruction and violence.
I am surrounded by people
who love to argue and fight.
The law has become paralyzed,
and there is no justice in the courts.
The wicked far outnumber
the righteous,
so that justice has become
perverted.

The Lord replied,

"Look around at the nations;
look and be amazed!
For I am doing something in your
own day,
something you wouldn't believe
even if someone told you about it."

Habakkuk 1:1-5 NLT

1 comment:

Putz said...

violence is what i can't understand and this new slant on war, sending 30,000 new troops in harms way, i guess when big O mentioned nucleqar in his talk, my thought immedieaely was gthat he should issue them each a shovel so they can all dig for the wmd's in the desert