Thursday, January 15, 2009

We have not...

because we ask not. That's what we're told in James 4:2.

So, bearing that in mind, I'm going to be very specific in asking for your prayers for my Mom.

She is not eating or drinking much at all. She especially needs protein at this time, but as I said, her intake is minimal. She has been home from the hospital for 15 days now and she has made little to no progress. She is still bedbound and is getting weaker rather than stronger. She does not seem motivated to want to "do the work" it will take to regain the level (or near to) of independence that she had prior to her hospitalization.

I have had a couple of "talks" with her over the last two days. I asked her if she was content to be in bed. No. I asked her if she wanted to resume the life she had before she got sick. Yes, definitely. I explained that if that is the case, it is up to her to get there. Other people (my Dad, the physical therapist, me) can only do but so much...I told her that it means doing things she may not want to do - eat, drink, participate in her therapy; that those are the things that will get her better.

She says she understands. I think she needs some Divine intervention and motivation. And that's where your prayers come in. Will you take this to the Throne with me? My Mom's name is Josie. I am grateful...

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." Mark 11:24

8 comments:

jeleasure said...

Thanks for asking. Vicki and I will pray for Josie.
Jim

Gigi said...

Thank you so much Jim and Vicki!

Jody said...

Hi Gigi,
I will be praying that God moves Josie to eat and drink and do the things she needs to do to put that "yes" into action.

Jess said...

Gigi You know we will be praying in my neck of the woods...

God Bless...and Intervene

Love, Jess

Putz said...

yes gigi, josie will specifically be in my prayers...

shopperv said...

I will continue to keep your Mom in my prayers.

Lance said...

Ilove the song that plays.
God bless you mydear friend and all yourloveones,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com

Gigi said...

Thank you everyone...for your support, loving words and most of all - your prayers! Today was a better day...praise God!