Tuesday, January 20, 2009

May God Bless America

Today is a momentous day for our Nation. Every four years we Americans have the opportunity to elect a new leader - someone we believe to be the best person to lead us all forward. At just before noon today, our new President, Barack Obama will be sworn into office. Whether he was our "choice" for the job or not when we cast our vote in November, he was chosen. And now our job is to keep him covered in prayer as he does his job for us all.

Father, I ask that Your Hand be always on this Presidency. Keep Mr. Obama and his family safe from harm. Guide his decisions so that he walks always in Your will as he leads our Nation. May he be a shining example of faith in You and may he seek You in all things. Please bless our country, Lord, and stir in us a hunger for revival in our land. And may that revival begin with our newly elected President. I ask these things in Jesus' holy name. Amen.


**Please scroll down and pause my player before clicking the link below**


7 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm having a hard time with this day, but I know you are right.

Unknown said...

G
As you know,Obama was not my personal choice for the president, but as an American, I stand behind my president and pray that he leads our country to a better place. I think your prayer says it all.
May God bless America.
J

Jody said...

AMEN Gigi.

Putz said...

amen, amen...had to up one one jody

Jess said...

A divided nation can't stand...so no matter what we wanted or who we chose when voting....Obama is our President and he needs our prayers and support... and if the truth be told... I wouldn't have hand-picked any of the candidates to be President!

SO Obama needs us...he needs God, and he needs our prayers.

Great post my friend
Love, Jess

Tamela's Place said...

Hello Gigi,

I have been busy helping my daughter with her wedding plans so i haven't been around much. Today i got an opportunity to take a look at some of my faves.

Obama was not my choice, but i will continue to pray for Him. God can change His ideas on some issues and we must remember to always lift the President up in our prayers.

Yes and may God bless America!

God bless you gigi :)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

So true and well said, Gigi.

Hope all is well with you and yours and that your Mom is doing better.

Have a great weekend, my friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane