Monday, March 21, 2011

The angel by my side



And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there.
Matthew 18:20 MSG

This is where I was last night - along with my good friend, JJ! Tell me...does it get much better this side of Heaven than to be praising and worshiping along with 10,000 brothers and sisters in Christ??!!

And through it all, I had an angel by my side. My friend JJ. She has always been a blessing in my life, but especially so since I lost my Sweet Hubby. Boy, oh boy, has she shown what she's made of! There will never be enough words in my vocabulary to tell her how grateful I am that she's in my life.

One of the artists last night was Francesca Battistelli. When she sang this song, all I could think of was how thankful I was for the "angels" in my life. And most especially the one sitting right next to me. (Who also happened to be celebrating her birthday!!) So, since it is Music Monday - I wanted to share the song with you and also put it up to thank JJ for her company last night, for her friendship all these many years and for all the ways that she has actively lived out Proverbs 17:17 in my life.


*Please scroll down and pause player before watching video*
(just a note: some of the spelling/lyrics in this video are incorrect, but...oh well!)




Happy Birthday plus one, JJ! It was a wonderful night - even better than last year's WinterJam! And God willing, I'm already looking ahead to WJ2012 with you by my side!!

A friend loves at all times, and is born, as is a brother, for adversity.
Proverbs 17:17 AMP

5 comments:

JJ said...

Gigi,
I really can't put into words how much this meant to me (and how much it made me cry). Sharing my birthday with you and 10,000 others at Winter Jam was more than I could have ever imagined. Being your friend and being there for you is what comes naturally! You have been there for me so many times and you probably don't even know it. Your words are always what I need to hear. You are (and will always be) my angel by my side.

I loved Winter Jam this year and can't wait until next year!

JJ

moreofhim said...

How wonderful that you got to go to this concert with your sweet friend! Isn't it wonderful how God puts such great people in our lives?

I love this song and thank you so much for sharing the video! Have a blessed day!

God bless you - Julie

Jody said...

HI Gigi. It is one of God's greatest blessings to have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Praise God for your sweet friendship with JJ.

Dawn said...

What a wonderful evening you had with your dear friend.

Putz said...

hey i kind of liked the song also, christian music is so good because of the sentaments expressed and always those of sweet jesus, and i still think your mission to us out here is through the music you present