Monday, November 8, 2010

Focus


2010 is rapidly coming to an end (can you believe it?!) and my thoughts have begun creeping into 2011...

You may remember that I chose a "focus word" for 2010.

H O P E

What a wonderful word...and oh how I have clung to it this past year! I have read Scriptures over and over and over again...especially this well-known one:

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
And this one:
Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
Romans 12:12 NLT
And this:
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that through patience and through encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Romans 15:4 NLT
And here:
Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.
Job 11:18 NLT
And oh yes:
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7 NLT


You see, God's Word is full of HOPE...and I have turned to it again and again, over and over, day after day this past year to help me through some pretty dark days. Days that I have not shared here.

So. A new year is coming and I have been thinking about a new focus word. Did I even want one? I really liked having one this year...I like having that - well, focus! I decided that yes, I did want a new word for the New Year. And so...

I have come to a decision. I have a new word in mind. I've kind of been "living with it" in my head for the last week to see how it feels. So far, it feels pretty good! I think I like it...

I believe that words have power, don't you? After all - God spoke everything into existence!

I already know that there are plenty of Scriptural references for my potential focus word...I can hear them rattling around in my brain as I type! And my hope (ha! no pun intended, but I like how that happened!) is that by having my focus be on this new word and the Word of God surrounding it, that it will be made manifest in my life. Yes...I'm liking this word more and more!

How about you? Do you or will you choose a focus word for the upcoming year?

I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours.
Mark 11:24 NLT

5 comments:

Judy said...

Praying for you this week...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can't stop crying! HOPE is my focus word and you chose all the verses that touch me so deeply and revive my HOPE!All I can say is thank you and thank you God for using Gigi to reveal your glory!HOPE

Gigi said...

Thank you so much Judy...

Gigi said...

Tanya, how I wish I were sitting beside you to give you a *hug* and share my Kleenex with you...

Instead, all I can say is where would we be without our ~hope~ in the Lord? Oh, to Him be all the glory, forever!

Unknown said...

I used to have "themes" for years. One year was "Bloom Where You Are Planted." One year was "Be Thankful." I was intentional about sending thank you notes to friends and acquaintences that year. I think it cultivated some friendships for me that I would otherwise not have developed. You have me thinking now...maybe it's time for another theme year. Can't wait to hear your word!