Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Choices

How about a little more from the book Plan B: What Do You Do When God Doesn't Show Up the Way You Thought He Would? by Pete Wilson...


Yep, I'm still reading this fabulous book and am still absolutely enthralled by what I am learning. I can't recommend this one enough. Really.

Here's what I read this morning:

I've noticed before that people often don't feel like they have any choices when they're going through a Plan B. They feel as if all of their options have been taken away. And that's true to a certain extent -- but only to a certain extent.

You may not have had a choice on whether you could have kids or whether your loved one passed away or whether you got fired or your husband had an affair.

But you do get to choose how you respond.

And in that choice lies an amazing amount of hope.

That choice is what makes the journey of transformation possible.

Don't you just love the word HOPE? I know I do...

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:5
NIV

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I do love the word hope - and hope is all there is sometimes!

Judy said...

Thanks.