Friday, February 12, 2010

Celebrate!!

I received news.




Of the BEST kind!!!!

So this is definitely a PRAISE REPORT!!!

Are you ready????


Did you catch that??

"As of now, all sponsored children in Haiti have been confirmed safe..."

Hallelujah and thank you Lord!!! My deepest thanks to all of you who have been praying for "my" little Guithe. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I would ask that you continue to pray...and if you're able to make a financial offering as well - that would be fantastic. There are a number of organizations that are in place in Haiti and doing good work there...World Vision (near and dear to my heart!), Compassion, Samaritan's Purse, the American Red Cross, Unicef, to name just a few.

Because while this is a PRAISE REPORT (!!!) the news is still bittersweet...

"As of now, all sponsored children in Haiti have been confirmed safe, although many have suffered great loss."

Great loss...that could mean their homes and everything they own - which is not much to begin with. It could also mean their families - parents, brothers, sisters...

We've all seen the pictures. It goes far beyond devastation and really, there just are no words.

So, we'll pray and as we're led...give.


Did you hear???



He's SAFE!!!!


"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40 NIV

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wonderful, wonderful news in the midst of so much bad.

Greg said...

Praise the Lord he's safe, Gigi! :) We have friends who also sponsor a child in Haiti; I don't know what his status is. :( But Jesus knows, and the situation is in His very capable hands.

I've started a new prayer sister blog.

jeleasure said...

Hi Gigi,
that is great news. Amazing, actually. When you think of the wide spread devistation.

If I may add a bit of a commercial, Haiti relief contributions are deductable on 2009 income tax returns if submitted proof by the end of this month. I can't recall the date, it is on my editorial page in one of the most recent Haiti post.