Monday, January 5, 2009

My grace is sufficient for thee

That's how my favorite Scripture verse starts out. It is a verse that brings me great comfort. It may have taken a while, but I hope those words brought Paul great comfort as well as he prayed and prayed (and prayed!) for his affliction to be taken away...

"And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

As I was driving to my parent's home after church on Sunday, I was thinking about my blog and how little attention it's gotten with all that's been going on in my life. As always, when I'm in my car, K-LOVE was on the radio and they were airing a little piece by an artist on one of his songs. The theme was - you guessed it - God's grace! The artist said that no matter what is going on in our lives, whatever dark spot we may be in, we can always praise and give thanks because of the gift of grace. Amen! Where would any of us be without grace? Unredeemed and lost...

I decided then and there to make that artist's song the selection for Music Monday this week. And I love the opportunity to share my favorite Scripture verse with you! I'd love it if you'd share your favorite verse with me in return!

On a positive personal note ~ my Mom had an awesome day yesterday! Totally lucid from start to finish. She ate a bit better and is able to swallow all her medications now rather than me having to crush them and hide them in pudding or applesauce. Her pain is under better control as well. Physical therapy begins on Thursday at which time she will have gone almost 3 weeks in bed, but her cardiologist wanted her on strict cardiac rest to allow this aortic hematoma to begin resolving as much as possible. We're prayerful that it will. She was in good spirits today. To God be ALL the glory! Thank you my brothers and sisters for keeping her lifted in prayer. I love watching the power of those prayers in action!

And now...on to the music! **Remember to scroll down and pause my player before clicking the link!**










Your Grace is Enough ~ Matt Maher

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I am so happy to hear that your mom is improving - another blog friend is going through a deep valley with her mom's health as well.

That is also one of my favorite verses, for sure. Another is Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a futue. . .

Dawn said...

Oope - Make that "future" -

I think of you often and how hard this Christmas season must have been. But the Lord is giving you grace! Yesterday in SS we talked about hope - what would we do without hope??!!

If you have not discovered the stories on my sidebar, we have been through much "stuff" with our two kids. Unfortunately, the pictures are gone from the stories - I panicked when I had to go private and unfortunately deleted them all - really dumb - but the stories are still there. They are stories of God's grace and mercy!

Jody said...

I was out running errands this morning and God brought you to mind, so I prayed for you and your mom. Thanking Him there is improvement. God is good all the time.

jeleasure said...

Hi Jody,
you are not alone in lack of visitors to your blog.
Maybe Christmas and Newyear made everyone forget they had a habit of blogging.
I was working a lot over the holidays.
Congradulations on your mother's health. I am praying for improvement and a different path of life than the bedridden cardio patient care.
Jim

Trudy said...

Here's one of my favorites...

Phil 4:6&7 (NLT)

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Nothing like the peace of God guarding our minds and hearts. As a woman this verse brings special comfort in that we were created to be emotional. I find not only solace but strength in His protection.

Vicki said...

Hi Gigi,
When I was a young person and discovered the hard times that all of us face, my dad gave me wonderful advise that has helped me. He said to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. Sometimes that is all that is required of us.
Right now the scripture that continually is feeding my soul is the most famous poem ever written, The Twenty-third Psalm.
The Lord is my shepherd,
I have no needs.
Many years ago, I had teens rewrite this Psalm with different modern idioms, such as:
The Lord is my coach..etc.
The Lord is the director of my movie..
The Lord is the driver of my car.
I am not incharge of my path. The Lord will take care of all my needs.
Blessings,
Vicki

Tamela's Place said...

Hello gigi,

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing better.
I have got so many favorite Bible verses. I guess my most favorite would be that the Joy of the Lord is my strength. His Joy is definately what keeps me strong spiritually as well as physically!

We will continue to pray :)

Putz said...

gigi, glad to here about your mom, my mother in law is dying today, but she is 89 so we are all becoming ok with it, they decided to take away her medication for bedsores and let her go, she would never get to the point of improved life so why not let her go..you know 20 years ago everything would be done just to keep them alive...things have changed in medicine, or maybe we have changed

Jess said...

Don't worry about your blog... we will be here when you return, and if you don't return...we will know life was more pressing. But like you, I feel like my blog is my jourbal and I feel like I owe the friends I have made.

Glad that your mom is better.

Grace Grace, God's Grace. Grace that will pardon and cleanse within. Grace, Grace, God's Grace. Grace that is greater than all our sins.

Have a good week, lots of love to you,
Jess

Gigi said...

Thank you, everyone...I love the all the verses you've shared with me!

I appreciate all the continued prayers for my Mom, I really do...

putz ~ I am so sorry to read about your mother-in-law. So very sorry. You are all in my prayers.

Jess ~ thanks for understanding! I wish I had more time and attention to devote to my blog because it has given me much happiness and peace. Hopefully, I'll be able to resume my "normal" blogging schedule soon!