Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm thinking about this today...

In my quiet time early the other morning, I came across this passage in the book of Colossians:

Christ is the visible image of the
invisible God.
He existed before anything
was created and is supreme over all creation,
for through him God created
everything
in the heavenly realms and
on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can't see--
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers,
and authorities in the
unseen world.
Everything was created through
him and for him.
He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
Colossians 1:15-17 NLT

It's a beautiful passage of Scripture, isn't it?

But I just haven't been able to get that first line out of my mind since reading it the other day.

Christ is the visible image of the
invisible God.

It keeps whirling and whirling around as I think of more and more instances of Jesus as He walked the earth, the living embodiment of GOD. Visible, touchable, breathing, feeling, speaking, eating, drinking, sleeping, weeping...

And then inevitably I get to the part where He died an unspeakable human death. For me. Because His Word says this:

For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.
Romans 8:28-29 NLT

His glory. His son. Jesus.

Yep, it's a lot to think about. Wondrous, glorious things. And I feel so...loved.

I just can't stop thinking about it!

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Loved us enough to die for us! Praising our risen Savior with you!

Greg said...

Hi, Gigi! Finally making the rounds of fellowship! Does that sound tacky to you, too? ;)

How poignant that one of my fellow bloggers recently posted about the Incarnation (though I disagree with some of his assertions). It is truly unfathomable that the Great God of the universe chose to become a man, to bring us back to Himself!