Monday, May 25, 2009

Memories

Memorial Day. A day we set aside to remember those men and women who have given their lives while serving our great nation. That means you and me...we make up this wonderful country called the United States of America and we are the beneficiaries of the sacrifices of many.

Our Pastor preached a wonderful sermon yesterday morning about "then and now...different time and different place." How true. The America of WWII is not the America of today. It was sad to see and hear some of the differences. Some are so subtle that unless pointed out, they slip by unawares. Others, glaringly obvious...

As you go about your day today, please take a moment to thank a Vet. Or the family of a serviceman or woman so far from home. And say an extra prayer for the families of those who won't be coming home. Remember: Freedom isn't free. Today, we honor those who have paid the ultimate price.
"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

And since today is Music Monday, I thought the following song was very appropriate.

**Remember to scroll down and pause my player before clicking the link.**














While You Were Sleeping ~ Casting Crowns


Be safe. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Tamela's Place said...

that is a beautiful song to dedicate to a soldier.. I thank the Lord for each one that has served and given thier lives.. May God bless them and thier families.. I don't want to ever forget the sacrifices of many.. and I will never forget the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus :)

Jess said...

Hope you had a great memorial day. I love casting crowns and my friend and I just sang "Who Am I" last Sunday.

Hope all is well...thanks so much for always stopping by and being so kind.

Hope you are still doing well and your mom too. I try to always say a prayer for you...I know your hubby is looking down on you just waiting to see you again!

Love you,
Jess