Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blessed beyond measure

That's how my Sweet Hubby and I are feeling right now.

You see, only a handful of my Sweet Hubby's coworkers knew of his illness. And they've obviously been doing a darn fine job of keeping the info on the QT! Yesterday, we sent out an email to all of his coworkers letting them know why he is no longer at work...

This evening, my Sweet Hubby turned on his work laptop and there waiting for him was email after email...offering prayers, blood donations, vacation time donations and anything else he might need. I kid you not when I say we sat there in tears as we read them. It's no surprise to me that my Sweet Hubby is well loved by all who know him...he's such a wonderful, kind, caring man. But it sure touched his heart to see the outpouring of affection for him! Wonderful medicine, I can tell you that!

His office is trying to coordinate an on-site blood drive utilizing the Red Cross bloodmobile with all donations being made in my Sweet Hubby's name. How awesome!

The best part is that my Sweet Hubby is now on so many more prayer chains! Hallelujah! Because we all know that the Lord is always listening...

We are blessed.
"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be given to you. For with the same measure you measure it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38

No comments: